Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » exit() -> heap leaks detected.
Re: exit() -> heap leaks detected. [message #18003 is a reply to message #18001] Sat, 06 September 2008 08:39 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
captainc wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 18:39

From definition of exit function:
Quote:

Terminates the process normally, performing the regular cleanup for terminating processes.

First, all functions registered by calls to atexit are executed in the reverse order of their registration. Then, all streams are closed and the temporary files deleted, and finally the control is returned to the host environment.

This is why I have been confused. Is the definition not consistent with the actions? I guess I did not research it enough... neither did a few library authors!

Well, global destructors are registred via atexit (usually, it is). Anyway, "exit" never returns, means nothing can be called at the end of block.

OTOH, as system usually performs necessarry cleanup (closing file handles etc...), I can see that some C++ library calls exit, not caring about leaks. But that is not really correct in my book.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: U++ suggestions