Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » "New draw" performance preview...
Re: "New draw" performance preview... [message #111 is a reply to message #110] Thu, 24 November 2005 21:48 Go to previous message
mirek is currently online  mirek
Ultimate Member
Quote:

Why is text the main performance problem - because it redraws the entire client area?? What about games - (which I know nothing about)?

Because it is the thing that is most frequently used. I believe that the goal there is that if you press PageDown/Up and hold it, repainting should be fast enough to "catch" your autorepeat.

While this is true in Win32, I was never able to achieve that in Linux with anti-aliased fonts. X11 is simply too slow....

The idea is that by takeing over painting, we can optimize away some invalid design decisions of X11 design.

This first preliminary preview is to test whether this is possible solution... It is too early to draw something more elaborated, routines are not connect with U++ painting system so far, but they do the similar job and can be used to measure the performance...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Next Topic: Should we insert "Christmas release" ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 20:56:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03635 seconds