FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » RSS Parser/Composer Class For U++
Re: RSS Parser/Composer Class For U++ [message #18313 is a reply to message #18303] Mon, 22 September 2008 11:55 Go to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
captainc wrote on Sun, 21 September 2008 04:05

Another thought: maybe you can use factory method in WCS class to choose/create the appropriate WCS type (Rss, Rdf, ...) automatically.

Factory method? Do we really need that in this case? Imho, it will only bloat the code. The parsers, will be different. I mean, it is not very likely to achive similar interfaces with RSS/RDF/WML(WAP)/ATOM. Of couse I or we can make a one big WCS parser, but in that case IMHO we'll probably lose simplicity and readability. These formats need to be specifically handled. But existing RssTag and RssNode classes are generic because they only deal with the XML and general WCS syntax. Therefore, they can be used in all four specific parsers without undergoing any modifications.So, renaming RssTag and RssNode to WcsTag and WcsNode, then defining specific types from them shouldn't be very costly?

amrein wrote on Sun, 21 September 2008 22:19

Oblivion wrote on Sat, 20 September 2008 16:20

I would like to know what do you think and your suggestions about WCSLib idea?

I have the same idea as yours but using W3C instead of WCSLib.

W3C for "The World Wide Web Consortium" (http://www.w3.org), where they develops and release specifications, guidelines, software, and tools for the Web.

Well, It would be nice to have a W3CLib but, since the content of this package will be consisted only of syndication formats (no css, HTML, Jigsaw, SOAP, etc.) wouldn't it be mislabelled and out of range?

Thank you for your feedbacks. Smile

Regards.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2008 11:57]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message