FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » AggCtrl
icon3.gif  AggCtrl [message #18315] Mon, 22 September 2008 14:39 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hello everyody! Cool

I needed some fast and pretty graphics for my project, so I decided to write a Ctrl that would allow me to use Agg (http://www.antigrain.com) in Upp. After studying what was done in this topic before (DrawAgg and some other packages by Aris - gave me a lot of inspiration, thanks Thumbs Up ) and bit of fighting with Xlib and Agg libraries, I finnaly got working version.

It currently runs only on X11, but I plan to make win32 too (or to find some volunteer to do it Wink ). It also have some bugs concerning pixel formats (documented in source), but I hope to get rid of them soon. Most of the code is taken from original file agg_platform_support.cpp from Agg, just rewriten to work with Ctrl derived class.

The basic idea is that the Ctrl has it's own agg::rendering_buffer and everything is set up, so the only thing user have to do is to define member
 void AggCtrl::onDraw() 
and put there all the code to draw into the Ctrl's buffer.

I upload it here with working example and I'll be very glad for any feedback...

Bye dolik.rce

Update: I've fixed the uninitialized variables (see next post) and uploaded the new files here...

[Updated on: Wed, 24 September 2008 10:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: RSS Parser/Composer Class For U++