Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » WebMail package (POP/SMPT/IMAP)
Re: WebMail package (POP/SMPT/IMAP) [message #18321 is a reply to message #18320] Mon, 22 September 2008 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
forlano wrote on Mon, 22 September 2008 20:03

Oblivion wrote on Mon, 22 September 2008 17:07

Here is the Simple mail reader:

Hi Oblivion!

The program compiled without problem but didn't work: it crashed when I entered the site address like mail.vegachess.com.
Then I entered the numeric format xxx.yyy.uuu.vvv and it tried to connect but without success and without crush:
POP3Mail Error: Cannot open socket 216.115.108.245:110: Reason: socket(1660) / connect(216.115.108.245:110): Connection timed out. (WSAETIMEDOUT)

Instead with thunderbird I was able to connect without time delay.
Any idea?

It would be very nice to have saved one time for all the settings of the window "Account and Server Settings" and avoid to retype it each time. So the program should retrieve in some config file the last used parameters.

Luigi

Hmm... Crying or Very Sad

Confirmed. It works flawlesly when comipled with MSVC8 and MSVC9. But I reproduced the errors you mention on MinGW(did I mention that I hate that ever-complaining compiler? Very Happy) Probably a "reference" related bug, Also, the example should already "serialize" the settings window's content. I dont get it why it doesn't save and load the settings on MinGW. I'll try to find reason for this and I'll fix the problems asap.

Thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message