FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Linux Mandriva
Re: Linux Mandriva [message #18383 is a reply to message #18382] Thu, 25 September 2008 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
I would like to have Linux also on my notebook but currently just Windows have drivers for my wireless network card. I've tried Mandriva 2008.1 and it was looking to load drivers from windows partition but with no success Crying or Very Sad . Ubuntu also doesn't have drivers for it and i don't have time to search for them on internet, like I'm doing currently for my HP1018 printer(drivers here). I'm waiting until next Ubuntu 8.10, maybe there are some new drivers with it and maybe they solve also the problem with lid closing(when i close the lid and then reopen it the system get blocked, nor consoles works).
Also if I have license(OEM) for Windows changing it working for a Linux with lack of drivers doesn't worth. Still waiting for the proper Linux to appear and solve my problems, else maybe i have to build it from scratch Razz .
(Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN - i don't know more details about network card)
I was looking for drivers an i think i found some here.

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: UBUNTU 8.04 - /init: /init: 1: cannot open /dev/root: No such device or address
Next Topic: What license Ultimate++ should use? Tell us!!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 19:35:14 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01281 seconds