Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Has "file index" any fans?
Re: Has "file index" any fans? [message #18617 is a reply to message #18615] Sun, 12 October 2008 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
chickenk wrote on Sun, 12 October 2008 03:26

In my opinion, here are 2 functionalities in File Index that would be good to find in the new browser (which is really, really great by the way):

1. Shortcuts to set the focus on the "search in scope" and "search type or header" fields, like F12 was set for File index search. Furthermore, I just noticed while trying that if the File index pane is closed, pressing F12 does not make it appear and set the focus. That would be a really pleasant behaviour, and for the browser as well of course.

BTW, I have added third field, "Find", that searches across all scopes. The shortcut key was planned to go there...

Quote:

2. In the file index, when the focus is on the search field,the behaviour is nice: I can navigate within results with up and down arrows, and press Enter to let the code editor go to the symbol definition. That is not the case (yet) in the browser pane, and that would be really nice. I found myself adding new lines instead of going to the symbol, because I was addicted and used to using this functionality from File index.

The only problem of this is that we have now two lists to deal with (scope + items in the scope).

Well, maybe the right solution is to add "<current file>" to the scope, then stay there for F12?

Any further ideas are welcome.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: String == optimization hint...
Next Topic: Macro thoughts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 09:30:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01909 seconds