Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Thoughts about alternative approach to multithreading
Re: Thoughts about alternative approach to multithreading [message #18658 is a reply to message #18657] Wed, 15 October 2008 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Wed, 15 October 2008 04:53

mr_ped wrote on Tue, 14 October 2008 10:27

Is there some reason why this subset can't live along full mutex/etc. stuff in the same library?

The only reason I can think of is lure of mixing two approaches in one application. This would lead to many problems, just like mixing procedural (C) and object oriented (C++) approaches in one program.

Well, but I am afraid that you cannot take away primitives from the library just like you cannot take 'C' from 'C++' and retain its ability to deal with everything.

Anyway, the concept itself seems quite interesting. I think it is worth pursuing. What a pity I have already finished my current grand MT application (and done it the 'hard way' Smile

BTW, do you think it would be possible to use this somehow instead of 'CoWork' in 'reference/CoWork' example? I have my doubts... IMO the performance would suffer.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message