Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » U++ PR or findability, if yes - how?
Re: U++ PR or findability, if yes - how? [message #1502 is a reply to message #1500] Tue, 07 March 2006 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Tue, 07 March 2006 07:07

Even more important that H1 tags is "keywords" meta-description - and that is "complete" for U++.

BTW, google: "C++ GUI Toolkit" returns two references of U++ on the first page - only toolkits that are before us are Qt, wxWidgets and FLTK.

So I guess it is not that bad after all (and our PR/SEO advisor made a good job).

Just a sidenote: U++ really is not just about GUI. I am reluctant to lock us in that by putting "GUI toolkit" to the frontpage..

Mirek

1. from http://www.excessvoice.com/seo-article4.htm
(and other respectful sources,btw)
Quote:

Meta Keywords Tag:

The Meta Keywords tag has become less and less important as far as search engine optimization is concerned. In fact, you can get top rankings without having anything in the Meta Keywords tag at all

2. Do you think Trolltech has worse advisers if they write it the title <title>Trolltech - Cross-platform C++ GUI Development, and Embedded Linux Solutions</title>?

3. Also, statistically, users don't search "C++ GUI toolkit", they search: C++ GUI toolkit. Or other combinations.

4. I'm not suggesting to "lock" U++ into "GUI toolkit" fraze. On the contrary, I'm talking about positioning and branding of Ultimate++ on top of a market segment which must be described by some unique keywords.
In other words, which minimal and loose set of keywords would give from google and other search engines the first place?

5. Do you think there is no room for improvement in this area for Ultimate++?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 5 structural proposals for upp website...
Next Topic: if we want to be findable with C++, we need a page C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 02:38:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02317 seconds