Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » U++ PR or findability, if yes - how?
Re: U++ PR or findability, if yes - how? [message #1511 is a reply to message #1504] Tue, 07 March 2006 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Tue, 07 March 2006 06:00

More. Now compare how to easy is to find upp Overview and Qt...
And keywords and content on those pages.

"/><meta name="description" content="Qt: Strategic framework for cross-platform C++ application development on Linux, Mac, Windows"/><meta name="keywords" content="API, c++, class library, cross platform, cross-platform, development, framework, gui, linux, mac, open source, qt, visual studio, windows, x11"/>

http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/index.html

Do you still think Ultimate's content, use of font sizes etc is better? Or just Ultimate++ is very different kind of product - not very GUI toolkit? Or much more than Trolltech's understanding?

Well, Trolltech have enough money to spend on professional website designer, PR team etc.

I definitely think there is a room for improvement with the website.

However, given the fact that U++ is fourth "C++ GUI Toolkit" listed on Google indicates the situation is not that bad.

FIY, sorting of Google items is based on number of links to the site from other sites (google pagerank). No keywords or H1 tags are going to change a thing for searching "GUI toolkit" more than that.

I can certainly spend another 14 days improving the website. Or I can work on the new Draw, or tutorial. I find later much more important for U++ progress.

However, current website is on "uppbox", you have full access to it. Just please, before doing large changes, make a copy (e.g. "uppbox2") so that we can create preview of your changes for the community.

Mirek

[Updated on: Tue, 07 March 2006 22:07]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 5 structural proposals for upp website...
Next Topic: if we want to be findable with C++, we need a page C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 03:50:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01967 seconds