Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » U++ PR or findability, if yes - how?
Re: U++ PR or findability, if yes - how? [message #1530 is a reply to message #1511] Tue, 07 March 2006 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
Currently I am maintaining the website. This means that I generate & upload the website content from Topic++ sources which are edited by the real authors. As I am doing it for free, I can only afford limited time for this. Recently I did some improvements:
1) corrections in the source code of the generator to decrease the number of HTML syntax errors on the generated HTML pages.
2) added site search feature
3) Examples & Demos now have the name of example or demo in the title. This improves readability of site search results.

I was also thinking about how to raise Google rank, but I am not that educated in this area. I usually experience with searching for "GUI toolkit" (without quotes). I have a particular reason for this: this was the search term I used when I found (and read about) U++ for the first time ever. My limited experiencing shows that sourceforge U++ page came up on the first page for "GUI toolkit" (no quotes) search for the few days while the first sentence on the page stated that "Ultimate++ is a radical and innovative GUI toolkit". Later Mirek asked to replace "GUI toolkit" with "C++ Platform". I see that this has a wider meaning. But I don't think that many people will search for "C++ Platform", and even if they do U++ is nowhere in the list. I am also afraid that this term will not be clear for some of our visitors.

I am open to any change suggestions, but sorry I can not afford to spend lots of time to research rank-optimization techinques. Anybody who feels confident with this knowledge is welcome to make specific modification suggestions, such as what keywords should be used, or what should be the text of the title page. Even cosmetic comments for the order or colors are welcome.

-Sandor Hojtsy

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: 5 structural proposals for upp website...
Next Topic: if we want to be findable with C++, we need a page C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 00:38:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05274 seconds