Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » More GLCtrl
Re: More GLCtrl [message #18781 is a reply to message #18776] Mon, 20 October 2008 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 20:51

mdelfede wrote on Mon, 20 October 2008 08:26

luzr wrote on Sun, 19 October 2008 18:20

I believe all should be fix now.

Note: DHCtrl was never intended to have children... Therefore, rather than rewriting half of CtrlCore, I have solved the issue by restructruing GLCtrl - it has now DHCtrl as child (and derives from ParentCtrl).

Thanks for hint and a quality testcase - I have put it to upptst for further use Wink

Mirek

Eh, do you remember when some monthes ago I told you CtrlCore would need some strong refactoring ? Smile
Writing Linux GLCtrl was a nightmare because of the impossibility of having childs of windowed controls.

IMO you do not really appreciate nightmares if it would actually be directly possible....

Quote:

But I agree with you, it would be a *big* effort to clean up CtrlCore classes.

IMO, worst thing is that it would be *wrong* effort.

Most of complication in CtrlCore are caused by necessary "impedance mismatch" between U++ and underlaying host system API. "clean up" would most likely produced code that is nice, but does not work. Making it work would then bring us to the current status again...

Mirek

Well.... I'd not call it a "wrong" effort. It would make control behaviour more uniform between windowed and non-windowed controls, from the user's point of view.
BTW, by now it's not a big concern, being GLCtrl the only windowed child control in UPP... but it can change in future Smile
IMHO to have the "correct" behaviour is not impossible, but it does indeed require some work, which maybe isn't worth the effort at the moment.

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message