Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Pick overloaded by Rvalue?
Re: Pick overloaded by Rvalue? [message #19265 is a reply to message #19233] Sun, 23 November 2008 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
But I would like them to not give attention to anything else except .NET. I'm hoping even for a Windows version which has a .NET with fewer limitations and without WinAPI. 

You are saying you want Microsoft to improve and concentrate on the .NET library?
.NET really gets to me, mainly because it is not cross platform. Porting a .NET application to another platform requires either Mono or an entire rewrite of that code.

To summarize the C++ issue...
The problem with C++: Bloat and complexity.
The benefit of C++: High level abstractions that compile to machine code, full object oriented language.
The problem with Java/C#/etc.: They require an interpreter and thus will always be slower/require more memory than C++ equivalents.
The benefit of Java/C#/etc.: Less complex, less number of exceptions, simpler learning curve, object oriented language, better tool support (Ie. easier to parse).

So what we need is something that compiles to machine code without the complexity of C++. What is there now? What is coming up that merges the benefits of both C++ and interpreted languages?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Looking for someone to convert a ulimate++ project to Microsoft Visual C++ project
Next Topic: Fantastic work!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 02:38:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02343 seconds