Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » WinAPI UNICODE question
Re: WinAPI UNICODE question [message #19176 is a reply to message #19173] Sun, 16 November 2008 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Well, I know that, but WCHAR is not available at interface level if I want to achieve my goal. Anyway, in windows.h we have "typedef wchar_t WCHAR" and this is very unlikely to change. Such aggressive assumptions are needed, like replacing HANDLE with void*. Their number is quite limited though,and I think I had to replace about 5 different types with their underlying type.

Anyway, I'm down to my last two headers. Win32Util is easy, but Path is hard.

Other elements that are giving me a little trouble are the two .dli. Why was the .dli mechanism used here. The functions seem complicatedly normal Win32 functions which where available already. Is is for the structured call mechanism supplied by .dli or is there another reason?

Also, BLITZ is giving me funny issues. After an hour (or whatever the threshold is) has passed since last edit, I suddenlly get duplicate definition errors Smile). It's actually easy to correct something like this,and even to not make them in the first place, but I'm not used to be on the lookout for them.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message