Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Looking for someone to convert a ulimate++ project to Microsoft Visual C++ project
Re: Looking for someone to convert a ulimate++ project to Microsoft Visual C++ project [message #19284 is a reply to message #19175] Mon, 24 November 2008 09:17 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I'm not completely familiar with managed code concepts, but AFAIK the U++ can't be compiled as managed, it's pure C++.
So you are not looking for somebody to convert into MSVC++, but into managed code. And that's more tricky.

I think you will have to decide, which parts of project must be managed, then define some meeting point (API), where it will call the unmanaged C++. I'm not sure how that calls are done, see probably MSDN and managed vs unmanaged, there should be some information about it.

And then there's the question: why managed?
Are you sure you need to port that U++ project, don't you want something else, like ability to call it from managed C# application/etc..? I mean, can you share the goals behind the "port this" decision? Maybe it will make more clear, what you really want/need.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hi everybody
Next Topic: Pick overloaded by Rvalue?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 04:50:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02678 seconds