Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Extensions to Draw...Ops
Re: Extensions to Draw...Ops [message #19324 is a reply to message #19317] Wed, 26 November 2008 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
For the problem in cross-platform compatibility, which platforms are you specifically referring to?

Generally, I'm all for a U++ licensed software 2D graphics renderer -- i.e. ImageDraw without GDI or X11 dependencies. Thanks for the invitation, but at this time I'm too busy for such a large project. And additionally, it would not solve my specific problem.

The operations I'm referring to are and should be implemented in the Draw->GDI and Draw->X11 interfaces. (By the way, are there other low-level interfaces that should be supported?)

My view of the U++ 2D graphics sub-system in general is that it provides (and should also provide in future) one clean and simple Draw API with basic capabilities that are directly mapped to primitives on GDI and X11. This is vitally important for performance. (I'm seriously counting milliseconds spent for rendering the window contents after each refresh, so everything matters.)

My wish is to include the following in the basic Draw API:

1) Pen width and basic pen style set independently
2) Raster operations (foreground mix mode, see GDI::SetROP2, mostly XOR)

--

BTW: In the future, I would really like to see other higher performance output channels appearing for Draw in addition to current GDI and X11.

// Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DrawWin32.cpp: PrintDraw::InitPrinter()
Next Topic: Draw::DrawImageOp optimization bug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 20:57:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02070 seconds