Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Draw::DrawImageOp optimization bug
Re: Draw::DrawImageOp optimization bug [message #19402 is a reply to message #19401] Mon, 01 December 2008 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Mon, 01 December 2008 05:25

I looked into this problem from another aspect: I shrinked the rectangle by one pixel from each edge. This proved that in the RLE code the edges of the rectangles and sub-images are exactly accurate. What happens in XPS, is that the edges show sub-pixel level inaccuracies that are internal to the XPS. This can be very accurately visualized in XPS Viewer using 5000% zooming. So, it is not U++ fault. XPS Viewer also internally softens the rasters when zooming in, and then another set of problems arise with the rectangles and sub-images: They do not quite fit together with soft and sharp edges side-by-side.

OK, that would mean we should attempt for "overpaint" solution and ignore those weird artifacts?

Quote:

On the other hand, the unrelated problem with uneven colors in Xerox Phaser 6200, might have something to do with color spaces being different for images and vector elements causing weird color effects. I have no proof of this, but still, the printout gets corrected when this optimization is commented out.

Ooops.

Quote:

I suggest an option flag -- maybe even enabled by default -- for skipping the optimization for large images.

Well, that is the last resort solution...

BTW, at least, we should not be afraid to optimize white areas, correct? Smile

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Extensions to Draw...Ops
Next Topic: Compile package with iml file problem!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 13:31:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02829 seconds