Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Console Application NOT WORKS!! And still not works!
icon9.gif  Console Application NOT WORKS!! And still not works! [message #19540] Fri, 12 December 2008 15:59 Go to previous message
pippo is currently offline  pippo
Promising Member
I MUST make an application without gui, because the gui takes too much cpu. My application is embedded and I need speed.
I have Ultimate++ 2008.1
Windows XP
Ubuntu 7.10 (and also 7.04)

I see the posts:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=154 75&&srch=COnsole+application#msg_15475

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=134 55&&srch=COnsole+application#msg_13455

and most important:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=187 31&&srch=console#msg_18731

but to me not works!!
I tried before on Linux and windows, console or gui application, with "Debug/Run options../Standard output" set in any mode, with "setup/environment/IDE/wrap console text" on or off, ecc
I can't get input/output in the "theIde console" (where I can see build output, search results, ecc).
Crying or Very Sad

On linux:If in Linux make a console appl, when run them I have no possibility to put a input: I can only kill the appl with "system monitor".
If I open a terminal window and start appl with ./Appl , then I can see right output and I can put input BUT I CAN'T DEBUG!
I found only this solution: I made a GUI appl to have debug possibility with theIde in development time. And use printf() and getchar() to permit i/o when run the release version.
In release version I don't execute the Run() method of TopWindow.
NOTE: in linux terminal, when I run ./Appl , the window is blocked and I can do input/output (if it's GUI_APPL also!!).
I find only this solution!

Now I must pass on Windows Rolling Eyes I see:
- If the appl is GUI, when I run it by DOS prompt , then prompt is not blocked: the graphic window appears and the DOS window is free... and I don't see the printf() output.
- If the appl is CONSOLE, when I run it by DOS prompt it works OK. But how I debug? If I run by theIde (F5) I can't see the console!

The better is to have a gui appl with also input from keyboard and output to console. Cool
But can be good also a console application IF I CAN RUN IT WORKING IN theIde (F5) and debug it.

Thank you for any help.

Andrea
  • Attachment: before.GIF
    (Size: 39.18KB, Downloaded 262 times)
  • Attachment: inrun.GIF
    (Size: 24.25KB, Downloaded 256 times)

10aa3a8774daeb994a88cc07572e2b6c

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message