Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Basic character set analyzer
Re: Basic character set analyzer [message #19825 is a reply to message #19818] Sun, 25 January 2009 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I experimented a lot today with witting a new diacritics composer. I thought since it is so hard to get the problematic fonts look right, I would write something that would work fine for non-problematic fonts and then try to figure out where the difference is. I obtained a very basic version which draws diacritics by composition, even if precomposed character are available in font. I used step by step comparison to try to get the proportions right.

And even thought I succeed in most cases, it is very hard to determine a general formula bases only on character height, ascent and descent. I will need base height and x-height also. Looking over XGlyphInfo it seems that it is possible to get the exact height and width of a given character.

Also, using the macron character will yield uniformly horrible results, so I replaced it with a basic '-'.

PS: Did one of the menu items from the site disappear? Wasn't there a link under “Founding U++”?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message