Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Basic character set analyzer
Re: Basic character set analyzer [message #19920 is a reply to message #19918] Mon, 02 February 2009 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 02 February 2009 10:40

Well, my original plan was to perform composition if both glyphs are available in the font (current algorithm), then look into other fonts to get the complete required glyph...

Mirek

Yes, I thought about that but I tried with this method because this way at least the basic character will look the same way as the font. Maybe it's worth a shot to try it your way also.

But anyway, we should get to the modifications in Draw to handle these algorithms. Nothing must be changed, but some methods must be added.

The first one is HasChar from the first post in this thread (I no longer need HasCharRange and CharRangeIsEmpty). So I propose either add HasChar, or if you have a better method to do it (maybe one for Win also), I'm opened for suggestions.

PS: HasChar seems pretty fast. I run it for every font on application startup for code ranges from zero to the end of Arabic range, and I didn't notice any slowdown, so I guess it is fast enough to render all the text that can appear on screen at once. At least one call for HasChar must be made for every character that will be printed, so maybe later we can cache results somewhere in home folder.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message