Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Painter 2.0
Re: Painter 2.0 [message #20044 is a reply to message #20043] Fri, 13 February 2009 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Fri, 13 February 2009 04:03

Hmmm, looks nice and it does not have that completely unusable interface of AGG. When I used AGG I had the feeling that my entire program consisted only out of typedefs.

I haven't tested it yet, but if you claim it is 10% faster, I believe you Smile. The question is how much can it do compared to AGG? Does it do subpixel rendering and does the result have the same quality as AGG version?

AGG does not do subpixel rendering (at least AGG2.4 regular version).

Subpixel rendering is using "RGB" subpixel of LCD screen.

What AGG and Painter2.0 do is "subpixel precision" and antialiasing.

I might add subpixel rendering later, it should be quite simple (just another rendering filter Wink.

Quote:

And can it do more fancy stuff, like using a bitmap for a stroke pattern and delivering high quality path adaption while doing it?

It can use bitmap as stroke pattern, but not as stroke 'dash'.

The primary motivation was to match SVG/PDF and that is (more or less) achieved.

Quote:

I ask this out of curiosity. I don't really need software HQ rendering right now, but it's good to have it at you fingertips.

Yep. It will also solve a couple of issues with dependency on system GUI (which is not good for webservers).

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message