Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » Using DMC
Re: Using DMC [message #20322 is a reply to message #20321] Tue, 10 March 2009 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Yes, String has a lot of compilation issues. I had to turn things like:
friend ...() {}

into:
friend ...();
//outside of the class, at the end of the file
template <...>
inline ...() {}

This is quite the hack and I don't know if it works in linked file. Also tchar from AString which is tchar from String0 or WString0 could not be found by the compiler. But ofter I fixed these and other such friends, I started betting hundreds of mangled names without any readable error message.

But I agree. Letting him know would be good. While with the current issues DMD has and Walter focusing on D, I doubt we will have a DMC capable of compiling U++ in any practical timespan, Walter fixing DMC would be quite useful not only for us, but for other projects. As you said, DMC is very fast, especially if your testing something, and the only reason I would use D is for the compiler performance.

There is also another option. I think that D can load DLLs built with other compilers. But here we have U++'s issues with dlls.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux
Next Topic: Untrivial EditString bug(?) in FreeBSD(and may be all POSIX)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:05:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03228 seconds