Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » Using DMC
Re: Using DMC [message #20407 is a reply to message #20375] Tue, 17 March 2009 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Mindtraveller wrote on Sun, 15 March 2009 23:18

Excuse me for little offtopic. But the topic you are discussing I believe is important for many people who use U++.
Is there any possibility to include DMC builder into SVN version of TheIDE? Yes, I know that DMC is not compiling U++ itself, but TheIDE is good development platform to be used for many applications w/o U++.

I don't know if including a builder designed specially for a compiler that can't handle U++ is a good idea. On the other hand, including a generic build method that can handle DMC (and quite possibly other compilers), but with extra parameters that a user must provide and instructions on the site for setting up common compilers might be a good idea.

Until then, if you want to set it up yourself, you need to:
1. Downlaod DMC and STLPort or use the CD if you have it
2. Create a new compile setting and add paths toward include and lib dirs
3. Choose GCC as a builder and set "dmc" as compiler name.
4. Modify GCC builder sources so that problematic parameters are not included in the command line (like -g3 for debug mode and another one for release mode). This part is certainly the most annoying part, but dmc will complain about wrong parameters, and the entire process including download and TheIDE recompile for builder shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

PS: be prepared for a lot of TheIDE crashes. Every 5-10 builds, it will crash while using dmc, and also letting it give a lot of compilation errors will crash it again, so you should stop the build after the first few compilation errors.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: UPP Applications do not accept user input under linux
Next Topic: Untrivial EditString bug(?) in FreeBSD(and may be all POSIX)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:50:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02983 seconds