Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Sad...
Re: Sad... [message #21584 is a reply to message #21567] Thu, 28 May 2009 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
I can think of several reasons why U++ is relatively unknown.

1. Documentation is incohesive. Where is the table of contents? Where are the search facilities? How do I get started? How do I set up compilers? How do I start a project? What do I have to learn? How do I use the help? How do do I use the editor? How do I use TheIDE? How do I use the GUI designer? Where is the overview of available libraries, widgets and general capability? What things are missing?
  2. U++ seems to be aimed at programmers with above average competency and experience in C++ and GUI toolkits.
  3. Programmers have to learn a new type of STL and obscure new concepts such as "pick behavior".
  4. U++ is unconventional in several ways.
  5. U++ is a one man band. Very few commercial operations would take a chance on U++ when big corporations like Microsoft and Embarcadero (or whoever) provide free toolkits that probably do everything U++ can do (except Linux) and are very mature.

I'm guessing most people don't get as far as finding out what U++ strengths are and aren't sold by claims of "radical reduction of code complexity" and comparisons of program sizes.

This is of course, entirely my opinion so don't be too sad as I could easily be wrong. Smile

Graeme

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message