Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Sad...
Re: Sad... [message #21641 is a reply to message #21637] Sat, 30 May 2009 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Not the smoothest experience ever. Let me describe what I see.

So I want documentation for the Format in Button example on line 14. If I open search and type Format I get a lot of articles, including ones of interest: Convert, Formatting functions and Text Formatting are all related somehow to formatting. More precisely, Text Formatting describes the function I want.

Using "context go to" takes me to wrong format. A bug. The little blue box display correct documentation for that function. I couldn't follow your instructions about a green box or a hyperlink like Format.

"Go to definition" doesn't work. Actually Format is very complex and if you look at implementation it hides behind some macros which probably makes it harder for the code tracker to pick up it's exact position.

"Search symbol" again does not give results, but if you do a search again while your current file is from Core package, it managed to take me once to Format, but I couldn't reproduce. Area needs a lot of improvement.

Covert::Format isn't the function we are looking for. But the little box shows the right documentation for Convert::Format.

After this you are entitled to give up. But picking a more straightforward function would yield better results. You were unlucky with your choice, but using the system should not depend on luck.

Quote:

Regarding starting with the active package when U++ starts - I would have thought it would be easy to make this optional and disabled for new installations.

Without selecting an active package what exactly would you like to edit when TheIDE starts? Without a package and it's requirements there is no code to edit or compile.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message