FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Documentation » Improving the organization of U++ help
Re: Improving the organization of U++ help [message #21650 is a reply to message #21648] Sun, 31 May 2009 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
gprentice wrote on Sat, 30 May 2009 19:36

luzr wrote on Sun, 31 May 2009 08:39

I believe this is a good idea & start. We should build on this.

Just, please, do not expect all docs to be written by me. I believe I can do part of reference docs and most library tutorials.

Mirek

ok. So how will it be organized?

I guess for starters, you can use what we have, just add one T++ topic with this summary that links to existing parts, leave non-existing topics without links.

This will immediately generate it to www.

Quote:

Can the existing help have two modes - one that has full index in the tree control and one that has "package restricted" index like at present.

It is not package restricted anymore, rather 'assembly restricted' - and that is for all purposes ok as long as you have uppsrc in the list.

Quote:

Is it possible to auto-generate a pdf of the whole lot - including indexed table of contents. If pdf is too hard or nobody has acrobat pro, then html like the website.

With some effort, yes.

Quote:

As koldo mentioned, for people to contribute there needs to be a way of letting people assign tasks to themselves so there's no doubling up. Also, since most people can't predict when they'll get time to work on it, maybe an expected completion date could be posted so if someone else gets keen to help, they can. Even a revision control like system so people can check out topics for updating without fear their work will conflict with someone else's.

Maybe, but with current "traffic" this is now least of concerns..

Quote:

Is it possible to have a search mode in the help that restricts to finding function names. You can do this in theIDE right? How do you get from the IDE list to the help topic for the function.

Ehm, this is what "finishing" T++ was about?

Quote:

As well as table of contents, an index would be nice. Is there any way to insert a (hidden) marker anywhere within a topic that includes a name that would appear in the index - maybe with a category too so that the index can separate API/ function names from the rest.

Yes. "Index entry" Smile

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message