FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Documentation » Improving the organization of U++ help
Re: Improving the organization of U++ help [message #21661 is a reply to message #21655] Sun, 31 May 2009 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
Quote:

What is "UserManual->Library->Overview->Moveable"?

There's a lot of (document) topics in core that I didn't make a home for in the first post in this thread. I suspect they need to be somewhere more visible than buried in the library API docs but I didn't want to go to this detail in the first post. Hence, referring to the first post in this thread, Chapter 7 is "Library", so I "added" Overview sub-section and "Moveable" sub-topic.

Quote:

Do you propose multiple trees?

I am afraid this would lead to requests to T++ that will take a lot of time to implement.

Meanwhile, I think that for most SW products docs, hyperlinks are enough to maintain logical structure.

I didn't think of this problem when I first posted this thread. I think it's worth putting some thought into.

How is the existing tree populated - by scanning packages for .tpp files ? Is "theIDE help" a hard coded top level topic? Auto-updating of the help index is a feature worth keeping of course.

I notice the order of topics shown in the tree is alphabetical. There needs to be control over the order. Maybe it wouldn't be hard to have a second tree with the ability to assign a redirect option to any node in the tree that points at a .tpp file and that topic is shown directly in the new tree instead of a hyper-link. I have to think more about this.

Quote:

Come on. svn is good enough to manage source contributions. I do not see docs any harder.
Sure, svn. All this infrastrucre exists for more than 8 months.

I'm not familiar with using svn with U++. Topic++ files are binary aren't they, and they have images in them. How does subversion handle diffing them?

An auto-generated index isn't hugely important but most "helps" have them and I tend to use them. It's not important right now.

Graeme

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message