FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » TabBar Major Revision
Re: TabBar Major Revision [message #22062 is a reply to message #22009] Tue, 16 June 2009 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
piotr5 wrote on Sun, 14 June 2009 19:15

mrjt wrote on Fri, 05 June 2009 11:19

Mindtraveller

Is there a chance to include these stacking file tabs into next SVN version of TheIDE?

If you want to try it out now, I've just added a QuickTabs wrapper package to the bazaar. It's very easy to add:

1- Get latest SVN (1280+ is needed)
2- Replace uppsrc/ide/QuickTabs with bazaar/QuickTabs (copying over it is ok)
3- Before compiling TheIde add the bazaar assembly to the uppsrc assembly (right click uppsrc->Edit assembly, add path to bazaar in top edit box)
4- Compile TheIde

I tried it now, and after some fiddling it compiled. the major difficulty was to realize that I need to change in ide.h the include-statement for QuickTabs: instead of ide/QuickTabs/QuickTabs.h, it should be without the ide/ -- QuickTabs/QuickTabs.h alone.

for completeness: the error with missing "<<=" I fixed by removing the "=", i.e. I used the "<<" operator. "OnSettingsMenu" I replaced with "SettingsMenu" and "THISBACK1" in the error-yielding lines I replaced with "THISBACK" and the erronous "tn" I changed to "fn". I also remember that I had to remove some "&" from the parameters of a function-declaration taking wstrings as argument because wstring is pickable and somewhere the function was fed with temporatry wstrings (but I suspect that a constant wstring& would have solved the problem too). ".ToWString" I have not seen among the errors. my google-svn version is 1303. there's also an error in the ide itself: SerializeTabs is undefined. I'm not sure what to do with it. for now I commented out these commands and reduced the serialization-version to 8. I hope someone will port the Tab-Serialization to TabBars (as opposed to FileTabs or QuickTabs)...

Oops, I forgot to mention changing the package path. Sorry.

The errors were because I was of course testing the version in the ide directory and forgot to copy the changes back before committing. I've now rectified this.

Still, glad you got it working.

The problem with TabBar serialization is that now Tabs have a separate Image/icon property and there is now way to recreate this with generic serialization alone. It's not difficult to add serialization that ignores this property, but I wanted to the think about it first so I didn't include it with this release.

[Updated on: Tue, 16 June 2009 11:03]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Docking package (plus examples)
Next Topic: Splash Screen for Your applications!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 04:38:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02759 seconds