FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » TabBar Major Revision
Re: TabBar Major Revision [message #22098 is a reply to message #22062] Wed, 17 June 2009 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
piotr5 is currently offline  piotr5
Experienced Member
mrjt wrote on Tue, 16 June 2009 10:57

The problem with TabBar serialization is that now Tabs have a separate Image/icon property and there is now way to recreate this with generic serialization alone. It's not difficult to add serialization that ignores this property, but I wanted to the think about it first so I didn't include it with this release.

one little suggestion: a TabBar doesn't really need an icon-serialization in the strict sense. I think instead we need a special icon-serialization and therefore a special icon-class. as far as I understood TabBar::Tab::img is the member storing the icon. it's of type Image. what I am thinking of is to use a class specialized on icons only. this class needs only one member in addition to the actual image: "icontag". the type of this member can be filename or a special value from an enum-list of icons. and this value then needs to be stored during serialization of the icon (and thereby during serialization of TabBar and derivatives). or better yet, don't put the actual image into the icon-class, and provide a method for translating the icontag to the image-data sored elsewhere (for example with a static look-up table containing all internal icons and already loaded files). and maybe it should be 2 icon-classes (one for enum-ed icontags and one for filenames) plus another one serving as an interface to both. on windows this file-name-icon class can be extended with exact location-infor for each icon (in windows there can be multiple icons per file, even different icon-sizes). is that what you did think of? I have not enough knowledge of upp, but I guess there is a lot of code-reuse in that idea...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Docking package (plus examples)
Next Topic: Splash Screen for Your applications!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 13:04:21 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02076 seconds