Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Debugging console app?
Re: Debugging console app? [message #29033 is a reply to message #21853] Sun, 03 October 2010 01:05 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
kattle87: I would suggest firstly to try Bazaar/UnitTest++, so you can forget about debugging with cin/cout.
For console applications it should be perfect fit on low (unit testing) and medium (basic components integration) level, and even at highest level some tests may make sense (although last time I did console app this way, I simply put all the components together in final main, compiled it, run, and everything worked, so I didn't bother to do high level tests).

If you are unsure what I'm talking about, try to read something about TDD (Test Driven Development).

That way you can debug the code inside test, where you have already input defined, so you don't need cin, but usually if you build the code this way you don't debug. It either does pass the test soon, or when you are stuck, you revert it and start from scratch. Debugging can be much slower.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message