Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » What framework/toolkit have you used before U++?
Re: What framework/toolkit have you used before U++? [message #4220 is a reply to message #1778] Fri, 28 July 2006 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
exolon is currently offline  exolon
Well, the last GUI programming I did was in bare Win32 (doh!) with some ideas and a few classes taken from the relisoft windows library.
That's another framework (Windows only, though, and the full RSWL only compiles with MSVC) for C++ that puts an emphasis on smarter, better code.

There are some good tutorials on the main gist of the library (based on writing the beginnings of it from scratch) and great articles about C++ techniques in general.

However, the actual documentation of the library seems nonexistant, and the library source itself has to be acquired in a strange manner (by installing proprietary distributed peer-to-peer software requiring Outlook/Outlook Express (!) and joining a group).

I prefer the more open approach taken with Ultimate++, plus the cross-platform-ability. Smile

Before that, I did a little with Java AWT for a project (which wasn't at all fun), and before that again, GEM on the Atari ST Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: communicate with Russian, Ukrainian and other slavonic developers
Next Topic: Tools or methodologies you use when developing software
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 03:03:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01322 seconds