FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Porting U++ to Blackfin DSP
icon2.gif  Porting U++ to Blackfin DSP [message #22311] Fri, 03 July 2009 09:01 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
Hi there,

trying to port the Core layer to The Blackfin / uCLinux world.
(The GUI layer later maybe, so far there is no real/extended X11 support there, except for nxlib/NanoX (former microwindows))

i have been using U++ for quite a time now, and almost forgot about my other IDEs. thanks guys..now thats my real first post.

Concerning settings, U++ works like a charm, the build method is set up for the BF537, using its toolchain, included the PATH, lib and include directives to my environment and everything works Smile, almost...

I got 3 major errors, which in i need to be focused on a bit. down there the full test compile output from TheIDE

1. std::wstring support seems is not given in my toolchain. i will take care of that, is a uClibc thing, need to enable it

2. thread__ directive in Heahimp.cpp, Random.cpp and others, what is the dirctive about, what for are you using it, how can I circumvent it, there is no such directive in my compiler, now thats the huge problem

3. The CPU is uknown, i will take care of that, to exclude this case with a compiler flag, that comes in nature

(4.) the fork problem is a uClinux architecture specific thing, i will fix that (under most circumstances one can replace it with vfork)

BTW: is there ANY kind of source/development docu, the ideas behind what you put down there in the real bottom layers of U++, Core, Controls, i mean the "ideas behind the scene", like what is Heap class for..

wait to reading from you
kostah
  • Attachment: new file
    (Size: 38.26KB, Downloaded 304 times)

Read Message icon2.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message