Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » PDF Export With Chinese Character[SOLVED]
Re: PDF Export With Chinese Character [message #22999 is a reply to message #22930] Sat, 05 September 2009 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
kasome wrote on Sat, 29 August 2009 12:11

Sorry to bother you again. Smile

After adding PdfDraw into Report, now i can export the pdf file correctly.

But i found it will be fail to export pdf file on some computer without installing the font "Arial Unicode MS", so i have to install the font "Arial Unicode MS" on these computers to make it work.

Is there better way?

You can test just by backup the file of the font "Arial Unicode MS" (e.g.ARIALUNI.TTF) first, and then delete it to see whether or not to export pdf file correctly?

ps: My OS is Windows XP SP2.

Well, Arial Unicode contains chinesse glyphs, that is why it was choosen as replacement font. I was not really aware that it is not widely supported.

Remedy is quite simple: In Draw/FontCR.cpp there is

sFontReplacements

table. What we need is to identify some fonts on computers without Arial Unicode that contain glyphs you need.

One problem: Adding too many fonts into the table makes things slow (OTOH, adding fonts that are not present on computer is not a problem).

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Using QTF the easiest way (specially for Newbies)
Next Topic: HTML to QTF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 21:30:18 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02354 seconds