Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Strange behavior of Point in watches
Re: Strange behavior of Point in watches [message #22964 is a reply to message #22961] Thu, 03 September 2009 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

luzr wrote on Wed, 02 September 2009 20:43

Actually, the only proper solution is to develop own debugger. It is not THAT hard, once you have symbolic and line info - MSC++ in theide does just that. And there are libraries available to provide symbol info.... And, in fact, all we would need is to make generic platform independent debugging interface, rework MSC++ debugger into using it, then implement this for Posix..

But it quite a lot of work, unfortunately... Sad

Well, it sounds like a good idea, but that would need some volunteers to do it, which will be hard to find, because it's not anything critical...

Anyway, I've got (pretty quick) response to the bug report:
Quote:

This has been fixed somewhere since 6.8 (which is VERY old). If you desperately need to do this, I suggest grabbing/using a snapshot.

Just for your information, "VERY old" means released on March 27, 2008. That is quite long, but it is still listed everywhere on their website as current release. Version 7.0, which will probably behave correctly, should be released soon, but I think their schedule is bit slipping...

I believe that closes this topic (at least until someone decides to rewrite the debugging from scratch). As this is not critical problem (and I'm aware of it), I'll probably just wait till the new version propagates into ubuntu repositories.

Thanks for your patience,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message