Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Porting SystemDraw to Frambuffer
Porting SystemDraw to Frambuffer [message #22966] Thu, 03 September 2009 11:18 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
Hi there,

SystemDraw has been there for a bit of time now, but it's only implemented for the major backends, Win32 and X11 on linux.

beeing on linux embedded, one often has no X11, so bare /dev/fb0 is what we have. no problem though, one might start at that point.

so my intention is here to port the SystemDraw layer (of which i have no pretty clue for now) to the famous framebuffer.

now here is the problem, i might need to look around for quite a time in the code, finding out which are the vital parts of the SystemDraw, and where to settle to write to fb.

If you could simply give a short overview of how SystemDraw is logically set up, meaning what is layer down to device, what is facing U++ layer.. so i know where i am. not filtering unneeded function in the code wasting time.

Or is there a (even short) description of the SystemDraw class..

So far i have understood that the class is splitet itself in 2 parts, beeind the destination draw for the GUI, and using some function to update data in the destinated layer, well, thats quite logical.

any help greatly welcome, or even if anyone has started already, i might join.

saludos
kostah

Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Building 32 bit apps on Ubuntu64
Next Topic: Can anyone plan to bring ultimate++ Widget toolkit to GTK-compatible, GTK# and qt-compatible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:47:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03533 seconds