Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Porting SystemDraw to Frambuffer
Re: Porting SystemDraw to Frambuffer [message #22980 is a reply to message #22979] Fri, 04 September 2009 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
hi mirek

the point is that we *dont* use X11, so we work on bare /dev/fb0 and drivers (/dev/input/* or dev/mouse and even tslib stuff for touchscreen) to get that working..

now the drivers integration is part of its own, but displaying only, that is sommewaht part of Draw.

so i simply open /dev/fb0 within BufferPainter and have my Draw interface to that?. i think we might need an extra buffer painter here, fb0 is somewhat more complicated

you "simply" open /dev/fb0, but you then mmap it to your userspace and can then start painting on it (some more details on that needed). to find out mode or to set it, to find out strides, color witdth and the like there is this fbinfo struct (donno the name exactly, must look it up also) and according to that, BufferPainter needs to be set up. So maybe a wrapper class?

now the question arising is, where do you really set up the global or static first Ctrl, TopWindow or the like, which is base for all what CtrlCore is doing in the gui, including showing other control? i dont speak of windowing, its part of OS, but as far as i understood (looking up Win32 implementation of CtrlCore stuff) there somewhere mus be the point where a Topwindow or a SystemDraw is instantiated and drawn to GDC and passed all the events to.

Where is that point exactly, i could find it Smile seen thing like CreateWindow and CreateWindowEx, but the rest.... thats kind of specific.. i wanted to know where the start point for Upp actually begins, where OS things switch /hand over to Upp stuff/interface.

as a startpoint we might want to take a look at the nanox project in blackfin uClinux trunk, here is the start point maybe, how to use fb0 (in a simple way, nanox is smalles X11, but we might want to have no X11 at all.
svn: blackfin.uclinux.org, svn of uClinux distro
trunk/user/microwindow/src/nanox/clientfb.c
dig for /dev/fb0

http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/uclinux-dist/scmsvn/? action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fuser%2Fmicrowin%2Fsrc%2Fna nox%2Fclientfb.c&view=markup&revision=7547

another Point: SDL

i saw that SDL is sowhat supported, how's that? it can use bare fb0 and also has its layer to the input driver stuff, including touch screen. does Upp support SDL natively?? meaning without any GTK stuff and the like? or even in windowss a native SDL?
native I mean making Upp *GUI* prjects that use no X or Win32 but SDL to display and interact.
I've seen that SDL can be compiled, but it actually only using Core stuff, so no Upp CtrlCore things, its simply compiling with the IDE and having benefit of Core, but we want more Smile

that was quite a lot. sorry

Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Building 32 bit apps on Ubuntu64
Next Topic: Can anyone plan to bring ultimate++ Widget toolkit to GTK-compatible, GTK# and qt-compatible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 04:41:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02528 seconds