Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Porting SystemDraw to Frambuffer
Re: Porting SystemDraw to Frambuffer [message #22998 is a reply to message #22980] Fri, 04 September 2009 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
kohait00 wrote on Fri, 04 September 2009 07:55

hi mirek

the point is that we *dont* use X11, so we work on bare /dev/fb0 and drivers (/dev/input/* or dev/mouse and even tslib stuff for touchscreen) to get that working..

I am asking because of development/debugging environment...

Quote:

you "simply" open /dev/fb0, but you then mmap it to your userspace and can then start painting on it (some more details on that needed). to find out mode or to set it, to find out strides, color witdth and the like there is this fbinfo struct (donno the name exactly, must look it up also) and according to that, BufferPainter needs to be set up. So maybe a wrapper class?

I think you are going to do double-buffering anyway, so ImageBuffer is just fine for this (as you can solve the format difference later...)

Quote:

where a SystemDraw is instantiated and drawn to GDC and passed all the events to.

It is during handling of WM_PAINT (or expose).

Quote:

Where is that point exactly, i could find it Smile seen thing like CreateWindow and CreateWindowEx, but the rest.... thats kind of specific.. i wanted to know where the start point for Upp actually begins, where OS things switch /hand over to Upp stuff/interface.

as a startpoint we might want to take a look at the nanox project in blackfin uClinux trunk, here is the start point maybe, how to use fb0 (in a simple way, nanox is smalles X11, but we might want to have no X11 at all.
svn: blackfin.uclinux.org, svn of uClinux distro
trunk/user/microwindow/src/nanox/clientfb.c
dig for /dev/fb0

Well, thinking about it, I guess nice and simple solution is to provide some abstraction level...

I mean, a class that abstractly represents sort of framebuffer and mouse and keyboard input and then build the whole thing above it.

For development purposes, we can use normal single window to emulate this.

Quote:

another Point: SDL

i saw that SDL is sowhat supported, how's that?

Not realy, the only support is that it comes with mingw version.

Quote:

it can use bare fb0 and also has its layer to the input driver stuff, including touch screen. does Upp support SDL natively?? meaning without any GTK stuff and the like? or even in windowss a native SDL?

No. But I guess we can use SDL as inspiration for above abstraction layer...

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Building 32 bit apps on Ubuntu64
Next Topic: Can anyone plan to bring ultimate++ Widget toolkit to GTK-compatible, GTK# and qt-compatible?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 11:40:23 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02580 seconds