Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » drawing toy ( sort of )
Re: drawing toy ( sort of ) [message #23258 is a reply to message #23257] Mon, 05 October 2009 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:

mr_ped wrote on Mon, 05 October 2009 16:42

Why is that good? If the user is just visiting that country and actually doesn't speak that language, he can't switch it?

If a user visit a country and doesn't speak that language he/she will change the language for entire system not just for an application. Simple is better.

I agree with mr_ped on this... For example on my system there is only czech and english locale installed, so my German friend has no choice... But even if he doesn't speak any of those languages, I should be able to switch the application into German for him. I would probably not install full German locale just because he needs to use one application. Simple is better Wink

PS: That said, I agree that automatic detection should be primary way to setup language. Just saying that there should be a choice in configuration or somewhere.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 October 2009 21:16]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Port giFT (a great but abandoned P2P project) to U++?
Next Topic: Scrum Tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 19:07:10 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03171 seconds