Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Programming for Layout Objects
Re: Programming for Layout Objects [message #1899 is a reply to message #1866] Sat, 25 March 2006 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
InterKnight is currently offline  InterKnight

I'm still not exactly sure what I am doing. I am sorry...very new to GUI design methods. I am going to attach my layout, header, and main.cpp files that show where I am at. I used the layout designer to create the buttons, textboxes, labels, etc, but I don't know how to do the coding for them yet. It will take some work to get the Next Entry>> and the Done buttons to do what I need them to do (add input information to an array of class MedicalDAta for NextEntry>> and send all input information to a formatted .rtf file formatted into columns). I think that if I start off simple by seeing how to program the Cancel button, I can go from there.

This is my first GUI application, and here is a bit of background on it:

A close friend of mine has Type-2 diabetes. He is in his late 50s and has poor sight. He has to put information into a text file (date, blood pressure, etc) daily. He knows very little about how to use computers, and he manually formats his text file by spacing out his columns and everything else along those lines. It takes him hours to do what he needs to do. I want to write this program so that he can just fill in the information for the labels (Date, Blood pressure, etc), click Next Entry>> (if he has more than one day’s worth of information), or just Cancel out of the application. What I want to do is create a class called MedicalData which will be declared as an array (MedicalData dataArray[x] which will store the values for each entry. When the Done button is clicked, all of those entries would be sent out to an .rtf file and formatted nicely into columns. I think this would make life a lot easier for my friend (he is like a father to me), and I want to do what I can…so this is my first project and I think it will be a milestone for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

The layout editor is very amazing!

Take care.

PS: All source files are in a 7-Zip (.7z) archive.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "Edit using designer" from cpp file- nothing happens? [BUG]
Next Topic: Positioning in Designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:22:25 CEST 2024