Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Layout (Forms) Designer » Programming for Layout Objects
Re: Programming for Layout Objects [message #1866 is a reply to message #1862] Fri, 24 March 2006 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
InterKnight wrote on Thu, 23 March 2006 22:22

Hello, everyone.

I've been working with U++ for just a day or so now, and I am finally on the way to creating an application for an old friend. I previously didn't think I would get this far with GUI design, but I am glad to see that I was wrong.

My question pertains to objects which can be added to the Layout GUI Editor (for example: buttons, labels, etc).

What I need to know is how to program events for buttons. A simple example would be: How would I program the "Cancel" button so that it exits the program?

I've learned how to create menus for applications (with File, View, Help, etc), but I am not yet sure exactly how to implement options.

So, just for simplicity sake, how would I add in code to tell the program that the "Cancel" button exits the program?

Thanks greatly for any help/suggestions.

Take care.

There are some very simple basic things about widgets:

If you have widget "foo": (e.g. EditField foo;)

* to assign it a value, use

foo <<= value;

* to retrieve its value, use

value = ~foo;

* to add default event, which is invoked when user changes the state of widget:

foo = callback(...)

Now those "callback(...)" can vary depending on event, however in the most common case, you will have your widget inside some dialog object class and then it will look like:

struct Dialog {
Button cancel;

void Cancel();

typedef Dialog CLASSNAME;

Dialog() {
cancel <<= THISBACK(Cancel);
}
};

Note that as of U++ 602, there is Assist++ THISBACKs... and Layout code generator.. functions that can help you to generate some of that code...

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "Edit using designer" from cpp file- nothing happens? [BUG]
Next Topic: Positioning in Designer
Goto Forum: