Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » request: Socket working example
request: Socket working example [message #23643] Mon, 09 November 2009 20:43 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I'm doing experiments ONLY about socket in order to pass data between two U++ programs. I have found many nice examples on the net of Client/Server application in C++ with Winsock or Linux. They are less than 20 lines of code. But make no sense to use them in my U++ programs when I have a powerful Web class that should work in both OS.

Unfortunaltely the tutor page http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Web$ConnectionOriented$en-u s.html is not enough for a full beginner as me. In fact that snippets are not working examples. For example the variable "m_ipaddr" where come from? Perhaps I should know it Embarassed .

So the request for the U++ forum is, if possible, to add to those lines a few others to make them two minimal running examples. Just as minimal as possible: the client send something and exit, the server receive and echo that message. After that I think to be able to expand these minimal examples.

Thanks a lot,
Luigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Is there a simple CGI library developed with U++?
Next Topic: UDP sockets?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:58:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02935 seconds