FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » 32 bit .deb releases
Re: 32 bit .deb releases [message #23932 is a reply to message #23931] Sat, 05 December 2009 19:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
dolik.rce wrote on Sat, 05 December 2009 20:13

koldo wrote on Sat, 05 December 2009 15:04

Hello Ion

I have tried them but without success.

Beginning with dosvn I get: 53: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting "then"). I do not know script but the source does not seem to be wrong Sad

I have tried to run other scripts called from dosvn like idebuild and I get different errors.

Does anybody has tried them ?

Best regards
Koldo

Hi Koldo,

I've just tried to make a .deb using dosvn script without any problems. I even checked the source of the scripts and they do look OK. It's hard to believe that your bash is wrong, so the only reason I see that might cause this, is that the file is corrupted... But it's also possible that I'm missing something Smile

Regards,
Honza

PS: A loosely related sidenote: I tried to install the .deb I made and realized that it "requires" several packages I don't have installed (like libgtk2.0-dev). I was happily using upp for many months without it (using .NOGTK flag), so it's not really requirement. I suggest to make the package "recommend" it instead. Also g++ is not really needed to run theide...

Hello Honza,
We introduced gtk+ dependency because people expect to compile and run U++ examples unmodified(without flagNOGTK). g++ is not required to run theIDE but is a requirement to compile U++ examples and because the package doesn't install just theIDE executable but entire U++ framework, I think it's normal to provide g++ as a requirement and not as a recommended package else we have to split package in theIDE package and U++ development package and I think it's not what Mirek and others developers want and without a compiler what you'll do with theIDE?

Andrei

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message