Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12
Re: Upp meeting on next Tuesday 12 [message #24379 is a reply to message #24303] Wed, 13 January 2010 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Some notes to/from first meeting:
- we should probably focus a bit on "discipline", i.e.:
* making the meeting from 20:30UTC (optional) with "official" part starting at 21:00UTC, expected end of official part 22:00UTC and no delays allowed.
* a moderator during official hours
* some agenda for official part, if desirable, so everybody can prepare some notes beforehand

During first meeting we did end talking about our biggest personal issues, and just so so managed to listen to everyone, so while I don't like discipline too much, to make these meetings as effective as possible we should maybe look into it a bit.

- we should do these meetings regularly, like every 2 weeks, and rotate main official theme. I mean something like:
* biggest personal issues
* biggest bugs/problems/deficiencies in library code (similar to previous, but focused on direct code fixing)
* well defined (easy to moderate) quests for volunteers which would help project immediately
* things done since previous meeting (connected to previous)
* best dev practices, development techniques, new trends, how U++ does cope with them, how to use U++ effectively, etc...
* daydreaming and future guessing, i.e. what would you like to happen in next years with U++
* [added during edit] one man show - somebody would do basically a presentation/training on some interesting topic (although IRC is not very good platform for that)

What do you think about it? I think it would allow us to focus on the similar things together, which IMHO should be more effective then random chitchat talking.
And if you like it, what's the best theme for next meeting? (I would probably choose to define quests for volunteers or development practices discussion)

- I'm looking forward for summary, the meeting did fly by so fast I have problems to recall everything from it, it was quite intensive and packed with information. Smile Good job everyone.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 January 2010 10:20]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message