FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » TabBarCtrl and more
TabBarCtrl and more [message #24423] Sun, 17 January 2010 12:17 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
I've added a new tabbed control that mimicks TabCtrl, but using QuickTabs/TabBar widgets for tabbing, which I like for its features.
It's almost a plug-in replacement for TabCtrl, with just one noticeable missing feature, which is the embedding of controls inside tabs (seldom used anyways, I guess).
For most apps should be enough to change dialog type from TabCtrl to TabBarCtrl to use new control.

To allow this, I had to make a couple of modifications of original TabBar code, which BTW don't change the original behaviour if not using the new features.
The changes consist mostly on addition of 2 new callbacks :

WhenCloseSome(Vector<Value> keys)
CancelCloseSome(Vector<Value> keys)

Which get called when closing one OR MORE tabs, with an array parameter containing all closing tabs keys.

The TabBarCtrl has also a couple of callbacks added, in respect to TabCtrl, which allow reacting to close events :
WhenClose(Vector<int> tabs)
CancelClose(Vector<int> tabs)

both are called with an integer array of item indexes.

Beware, as TabBar tabs are draggable/relocatable, TabBarCtrl keeps a map between tabs and items, which is not 1:1 it tabs get dragged. So, closing tab 1 may remove item 5, for example.
When you do Set() and Get(), the reference are always Items, not tabs, so if Item 1 correspond to tab 5, doing a Set(1) wil highlight tab 5.

There's also a small test app, TabBarCtrlTest, in bazaar.

To mrjt : I hope you don't mind for the small mods to your TabBar code, they shouldn't change any behaviour if additional features are not used, anyways.

Ciao

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Another Sql Report Generator (Use QTF format)
Next Topic: Bazaar Copyright
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:16:26 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03814 seconds