FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » I'm a U newbie
Re: I'm a U newbie [message #24579 is a reply to message #24576] Mon, 25 January 2010 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
alendar wrote on Sun, 24 January 2010 19:28

It's the little things that are winning me over. Having a file display on a single click is great. Alt-O to switch to the header file is nifty.

There is a couple of more keys to remember Alt-J (jumps to 'definition' - very general, jumps to headers, funcion definitions etc), Alt-I - similar to Alt-O, but based on C++ parsing - swaps definition(s)/declaration, Alt+Left/Right - go back/forward (w.r.t. to latest jumps...).

Quote:

I noticed I can't comment a selected block. Minor. When I upgrade versions I lose my build methods and any changes I made to the Assembly.

You can activate it in Setup/Environment/"{ / * Enclose selection".

Quote:

I think I have to use the "When" clause to control whether a debug or release library is linked in, correct? I'll have to fiddle when I go to make a release.

Just click *left* dropdown arrow where you see (probably) "Debug" and select "Optimal". Or you can use "Build" / "Output mode".

Quote:

Can I see the output line for the compiler and linker? I like to see what is actually being pushed out.

Setup/Verbose

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message