FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » New Bazaar web page
Re: New Bazaar web page [message #24838 is a reply to message #24835] Mon, 01 February 2010 11:34 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello cbpporter

Thank you for your answer.

Quote:

But you can't expect everybody who wants to update the page to read all the documentation Smile

I think it is very short Smile Smile

Quote:

I'll look over the documentation, but before that I have another task. This weekend I went over the Manual page, making sure that all the Reference pages are compliant with the style. You probably won't see a lot of changes, but they are there. I'll try to get all the reference pages to look similar and as professional as possible in my spare tiem. This will be good for the U++ book also.

I propose you to do a simple entry about how to document packages or at least the Reference area. This could be in Bazaar but also in main Web page (better in the second option).

Quote:

Then I'll go over the Bazaar Reference pages, but this time I'll post just patches. I don't want to commit over projects that are not my own.

I think so. If anybody does not have time he/she can simply ask for help and for sure in few time his/her page will be right.

Quote:

Other pages are more difficult to update, because you have to review every single word. For example, "Do it carefully and fast. As this is an index page somebody else could be editing it at the same time and some of the changes could be lost." is not a correct statement. In SVN it is impossible to loose changes. You can at most get conflicts, and after a conflict you can't commit unless you solve it first, and maybe TheIDE doesn't know how to handle conflicts. I tried some time ago the SVN support from TheIDE and I didn't like it, so I am not letting anyone use it around here. Some tasks should be highly automated and abstract, but version control is not one of them.

Sorry. My writing style is too informal and my svn knowledge is very low. I will do a first fix with your ideas but as you understand what I was trying to write, you can fix it by yourself.

Best regards
IƱaki

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Simple XML keymap parser