Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » upp-x11-src-1965.tar.gz and compiling under Debian Lenny
Re: upp-x11-src-1965.tar.gz and compiling under Debian Lenny [message #24731 is a reply to message #24729] Thu, 28 January 2010 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Mirek: did you notice the sqlite3.h -> Sqlite3.h patch?
(I hope I didn't hide it by those pics too much)
And I wonder about umk and buildallexamples. Should I try eventually patch them to work in linux? Would be neat, but I have no idea if it's possible in case of umk. (in case of build all examples it's just question of rewriting the app in worst case, but certainly doable even by me)

Quote:

Maybe, as intermediate step, we could activate such problem-prone parts only in themes that are proven to work fine?

I think yes, it's 2010 and most of the new SW comes in fancy skins breaking all rules of old standardized UI with menu bar under window title (I personally dislike this).

So I think U++ should try to look native only in the most common theme combinations, which either look very good or have very conservative users (WinXP or older).

And let's improve some custom U++ chameleon skin to look very fancy, and use that in other cases, dropping native mimicking totally in such case. I think in the long run it will give better first impression from U++ based SW.

I will try to further dig into the current source releases and ubuntu/debian to see how stable it is, eventually fix something if I will be able to. How about some big "stable" release like 2008.1, including new 4.4 mingw & stuff, i.e. full solution? As I understand, you have finished all big changes, and didn't start any new, so it's maybe good time to let us work out some of those tiny details and release something extra stable for developers who can't upgrade U++ monthly.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message