FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Form Designer
Re: Form Designer [message #24929 is a reply to message #24927] Fri, 05 February 2010 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gedumer is currently offline  gedumer
Promising Member
I appreciate the help. Don't you think it would make more sense though, to have a menuitem and/or toolbar item for both the form designer and the image editor? New users have no idea whatsoever that the presence of a .lay file or .iml file is required to invoke the designer and editor functions. Part of broadening the reach and audience of U++ is its ability to attract and subsequently gain the acceptance of new users when they first try the product. If those new users become discouraged by a perceived apparent complexity or lack of capability of the application as I did, they will simply move on to another product. This tool appears to have merit, but I was about to turn away and move on until I discovered a few hidden secrets about the product through dogged persistence and now from the help of someone on this forum. I'm suddenly encouraged to at least give it a further evaluation period before making a decision on its worthiness.

Thanks.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message