FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Form Designer
Re: Form Designer [message #24943 is a reply to message #24930] Fri, 05 February 2010 13:34 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
alendar wrote on Thu, 04 February 2010 21:57

Took me a while to figure it out, but its pretty cool once you do. Take a look at the examples and its straight forward.

1) insert a lay file into your project. You do that by right clicking in the bottom-left frame and selecting "Insert Package Directory File(s)". That was not intuitive for a while. I tried U++ a few months ago and that pissed me off so much I dumped it and went back to struggling with VC. Now I've been more tolerant of the product and its just "Not Microsoft". Plus its free so I can't expect it to behave like a $3,000 product. In fact IMO its better because I've been able to create some fun code, once I got past the little things.

Well, I can just imagine reasonable way how to do that otherwise. I mean, I can add "Add layout file " menu item to package local menu, but the only difference would be the file extension... Not a big advantage, considering that the menu is quite long now anyway...

Quote:

I put this in my project share header:
#define IMAGECLASS MyImages
#define IMAGEFILE "project.iml"
#include <Draw/iml.h>

Note: TheIde can generate these for you - right click the editor and choose Insert..

Also note that right-clicking iml image has option to put the image name onto clipboard.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message