FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Function4U documentation update and misc
Re: Function4U documentation update and misc [message #25052 is a reply to message #25046] Tue, 09 February 2010 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
cbpporter wrote on Tue, 09 February 2010 10:19

No problem, I'll check again once you are done with documentation.

As for the issue about main packages, you do know about main packages and non-main packages?

Have you ever created a package only to not have it show up in you assembly? It is annoying and you have to select an option from "Select main package" dialog to see them. This is the right solution. The other is to add a configuration to your package, making it a main package. This is not the right solution.

Main packages are packages that when compiled will result in a stand alone binary package, while non main packages are basically libraries. For example, Control4U_Demo is a main package. You can build it and you get you demo that is runnable. On the other hand, Controls4U is not a main package. It is not stand alone together with its dependencies, and is meant to be added as a dependency to other packages, like Control4U_Demo. If you try to build Controls4U only you will get an error because it is only a library.

I understand

I set all packages as Main because this way they are always visible to be chosen.

Here there are two opposite points of view:
- When you open TheIde
You want to see executable packages only

- When you add a package to your project
You want to see libraries only

However as this is an official way of working I have removed the "main" area in .upp files for all the libraries.

Best regards
IƱaki

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message